This statement sets out our commitment to ensuring the integrity of our supply chain and adherence to ethical working practices in our business relationships. We implement a number of controls and commit to continuous review and improvement in relation to the way in which we engage with, monitor and make decisions about who we do business with. SecuraClean are committed to meeting the objectives of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
As a consequence, we hereby set out:
- statement relating to Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- actions taken to date
- commitment to further understand and address all potential
- modern slavery and human trafficking risks related to our business
SecuraClean procures all products and machinery from UK based suppliers and recognises that we have a responsibility to take a robust approach to modern day slavery. We therefore, take steps to ensure that our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking irrespective of whether they are a regular high volume or one-off supplier.
Policies and Processes regarding Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Modern Slavery Act Statement: Securaclean’s commitment to meeting the objectives of the Modern Slavery Act 2015;
- Sustainable Supplier Charter: a commitment to deliver ever more sustainable solutions for our people, our customers, the wider community and the environment in which we work and live by; promoting best sustainable practice and meeting or exceeding guidance set out by government and regulatory bodies. The charter includes requirements of suppliers in relation to ethical working and values. We expect all members of our Supply Chain to share our aims and objectives and to sign up to this Charter.
- Supplier Questionnaire: due diligence process implemented with existing and new suppliers to ensure their compliance with our Sustainable Supplier Charter.
- Training and compliance programme: to raise awareness, continuously monitor and review the way in which we interact and engage with suppliers to ensure compliance with our programme to meet the objectives of the Modern Slavery Act.
- Programme of communication and training: to further raise awareness of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking; the actions we can all take to ensure the promotion of and adherence to ethical working practices in all our business
- Supply chain audits: to ensure ongoing supplier compliance with our Sustainable Supplier Charter.
- Review of Whistle blowing Policy: encouraging active reporting and exposure of any suspected unethical behaviour or working practices.
- Implement investigation process: defining the process to be followed in the event of concerns raised specifically in relation to forced labour, human trafficking and / or slavery.
Relevant supporting policies and documentation
Modern slavery and Human Trafficking Statement / Sustainable Supplier Charter:
- SecuraClean is committed to ensuring that its suppliers adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Suppliers (of goods and services) are required to demonstrate that they source from their own ethical suppliers and also undertake their own business ethically, providing safe working conditions where necessary, treat workers with dignity and respect, and act ethically and within the law in their use of labour. The organisation works with suppliers to ensure that they meet the standards of the code. however, serious violations of the organisation’s supplier code of conduct may lead to the termination of the business relationship where immediate corrective action is not taken.
Whistle blowing Policy
SecuraClean encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, the organisation. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to an enhanced risk of slavery or human trafficking. The organisation’s whistleblowing procedure is designed to make it easy for workers to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation.
Employee Code of Conduct
SecuraClean‘s code makes clear to employees the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the organisation. The organisation strives to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when undertaking the work of the Company, interacting with others and managing the supply chain.
Recruitment Supplier Code of Conduct
SecuraClean uses only reputable employment agencies to source labour and always verifies the practices of any new agency it is using before accepting workers from that agency.
Training and Awareness
All employees involved in the procurement of goods and services on behalf of the company including all directors have been fully briefed in relation to the provisions of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.