The Company recognises that its day to day operations impact on the environment in a number of ways. SecuraClean wishes to minimise the potential harmful effects of such actions wherever and whenever this is practical. SecuraClean is committed to achieving environmental best practice throughout its business activities and to strive for continual improvement of its Environmental Management Systems.
SecuraClean’s Environmental Policy
- Ensure our activities are safe for our employees, associates and others who come into contact with our work
- Comply with or exceeding legal requirements
- Accept reasonable responsibility for any harm to the environment caused by our activities and taking reasonable steps to remedy any damage
- Monitor purchasing practices and internal operations including energy and transport to ensure the best use of natural resources and minimum environmental impact
- Whenever possible reduce the environmental impact of goods and services supplied by adopting a `cradle to grave’ assessment and responsibility for them
- Minimise the waste produced in all parts of our business
- Monitor and working with our suppliers and other third parties associated with our business
- Seek to integrate environmental considerations into future business policy decisions
- Ensure associates understand and are accountable to these policy goals through communication and training
- Communicate the policy as appropriate to our staff, customers and suppliers
- Develop systems to implement and review this policy
We are fully ISO14001 certified and compliant, with our most recent certification taking place in March 2019.
ISO 14000 is a series of environmental management standards developed and published by the International Organisation for Standardisation’s (ISO). The ISO 14000 standards provide a guideline or framework for organisations that need to systematise and improve their environmental management efforts. The ISO 14000 standards are not designed to aid the enforcement of environmental laws and do not regulate the environmental activities of organisations.
Our company fleet is made up of a combination of diesel & hybrid based vehicles. The diesel being Euro 6 compliant (this is an emission standard in preparation for the 2020 London initiative). All petrol vehicles run on hybrid fuel solutions. We closely log all vehicle records of the whole fleet to ensure they are maintained and kept running in the most economical way.